People's Community Church 3/7/16

2016-03-07_88347_WTA_5DSR_HDR_1 PEOPLE’S COMMUNITY CHURCH 8601 Woodward Detroit, MI 48202 In 1954 People’s Community Church was established in a member’s home on Detroit's east side. Later...
1 PEOPLE’S COMMUNITY CHURCH
8601 Woodward
Detroit, MI 48202
In 1954 People’s Community Church was established in a member’s home on Detroit's east side. Later services were held in a small Baptist church on Joy Road near Clairmount. When the membership reached 600 it was necessary to look for a larger building. First Baptist Church was moving to a new location in Southfield and their church was available. The congregation of People's Community Church purchased this building and held their first service on April 7, 1957.
Baptists from New York and New England living in Detroit organized the First Baptist congregation with the Reverend Henry Davis as their minister on October 20, 1827. This congregation was among the first Protestant churches organized in Detroit. The original church was located at Fort and Griswold Streets. The building on Woodward was constructed when members moved out of the downtown area. It became the first Baptist congregation to establish a church on the city’s second “Piety Row.”
2016-03-07_88416_WTA_5DSR_HDR PEOPLE’S COMMUNITY CHURCH 8601 Woodward Detroit, MI 48202 In 1954 People’s Community Church was established in a member’s home on Detroit's east side. Later...
2 PEOPLE’S COMMUNITY CHURCH
8601 Woodward
Detroit, MI 48202
In 1954 People’s Community Church was established in a member’s home on Detroit's east side. Later services were held in a small Baptist church on Joy Road near Clairmount. When the membership reached 600 it was necessary to look for a larger building. First Baptist Church was moving to a new location in Southfield and their church was available. The congregation of People's Community Church purchased this building and held their first service on April 7, 1957.
Baptists from New York and New England living in Detroit organized the First Baptist congregation with the Reverend Henry Davis as their minister on October 20, 1827. This congregation was among the first Protestant churches organized in Detroit. The original church was located at Fort and Griswold Streets. The building on Woodward was constructed when members moved out of the downtown area. It became the first Baptist congregation to establish a church on the city’s second “Piety Row.”
2016-03-07_88451_WTA_5DSR PEOPLE’S COMMUNITY CHURCH 8601 Woodward Detroit, MI 48202 In 1954 People’s Community Church was established in a member’s home on Detroit's east side. Later...
3 PEOPLE’S COMMUNITY CHURCH
8601 Woodward
Detroit, MI 48202
In 1954 People’s Community Church was established in a member’s home on Detroit's east side. Later services were held in a small Baptist church on Joy Road near Clairmount. When the membership reached 600 it was necessary to look for a larger building. First Baptist Church was moving to a new location in Southfield and their church was available. The congregation of People's Community Church purchased this building and held their first service on April 7, 1957.
Baptists from New York and New England living in Detroit organized the First Baptist congregation with the Reverend Henry Davis as their minister on October 20, 1827. This congregation was among the first Protestant churches organized in Detroit. The original church was located at Fort and Griswold Streets. The building on Woodward was constructed when members moved out of the downtown area. It became the first Baptist congregation to establish a church on the city’s second “Piety Row.”
2016-03-07_88410_WTA_5DSR PEOPLE’S COMMUNITY CHURCH 8601 Woodward Detroit, MI 48202 In 1954 People’s Community Church was established in a member’s home on Detroit's east side. Later...
4 PEOPLE’S COMMUNITY CHURCH
8601 Woodward
Detroit, MI 48202
In 1954 People’s Community Church was established in a member’s home on Detroit's east side. Later services were held in a small Baptist church on Joy Road near Clairmount. When the membership reached 600 it was necessary to look for a larger building. First Baptist Church was moving to a new location in Southfield and their church was available. The congregation of People's Community Church purchased this building and held their first service on April 7, 1957.
Baptists from New York and New England living in Detroit organized the First Baptist congregation with the Reverend Henry Davis as their minister on October 20, 1827. This congregation was among the first Protestant churches organized in Detroit. The original church was located at Fort and Griswold Streets. The building on Woodward was constructed when members moved out of the downtown area. It became the first Baptist congregation to establish a church on the city’s second “Piety Row.”
2016-03-07_88432_WTA_5DSR PEOPLE’S COMMUNITY CHURCH 8601 Woodward Detroit, MI 48202 In 1954 People’s Community Church was established in a member’s home on Detroit's east side. Later...
5 PEOPLE’S COMMUNITY CHURCH
8601 Woodward
Detroit, MI 48202
In 1954 People’s Community Church was established in a member’s home on Detroit's east side. Later services were held in a small Baptist church on Joy Road near Clairmount. When the membership reached 600 it was necessary to look for a larger building. First Baptist Church was moving to a new location in Southfield and their church was available. The congregation of People's Community Church purchased this building and held their first service on April 7, 1957.
Baptists from New York and New England living in Detroit organized the First Baptist congregation with the Reverend Henry Davis as their minister on October 20, 1827. This congregation was among the first Protestant churches organized in Detroit. The original church was located at Fort and Griswold Streets. The building on Woodward was constructed when members moved out of the downtown area. It became the first Baptist congregation to establish a church on the city’s second “Piety Row.”

New images