Buildings, Details 5/22/01—7/15/22

2014-02-09_12-09_02192_WTA_5DM3-Edit-2 The Woodward Avenue Presbyterian Church is a church located at 8501 Woodward Avenue in Detroit, Michigan. Built in 1911 in the Gothic revival style, the...
1 The Woodward Avenue Presbyterian Church is a church located at 8501 Woodward Avenue in Detroit, Michigan. Built in 1911 in the Gothic revival style, the architect was Sidney Badgley. It was used for some time as the Abyssinia Church of God in Christ. The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982
2001-05-22_05-31_0049-WTA-DC290 Grand Staircase - Chancery Court Hotel - London
2 Grand Staircase - Chancery Court Hotel - London
2007-02-05_16414_WTA_5DM1 Shirley Home, Rio Nuevo, Jamaica
3 Shirley Home, Rio Nuevo, Jamaica
2011-08-03_08-55_10264_WTA_5DM2 Barcelona, Spain
4 Barcelona, Spain
2014-01-08_19-56_01299_-WTA-G1X St. Augustine, Florida
5 St. Augustine, Florida
2014-01-10_12-02_01360_-WTA-G1X
6
2014-01-10_12-02_01363_-WTA-G1X
7
2014-01-10_12-04_01378_-WTA-G1X
8
2014-02-09_09-01_01459_WTA_5DM3_HDR Lutheran Parish House, Detroit
9 Lutheran Parish House, Detroit
2014-02-09_11-14_01949_WTA_5DM3_HDR The Woodward Avenue Presbyterian Church is a church located at 8501 Woodward Avenue in Detroit, Michigan. Built in 1911 in the Gothic revival style, the...
10 The Woodward Avenue Presbyterian Church is a church located at 8501 Woodward Avenue in Detroit, Michigan. Built in 1911 in the Gothic revival style, the architect was Sidney Badgley. It was used for some time as the Abyssinia Church of God in Christ. The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982
2014-02-09_11-21_01984_WTA_5DM3_HDR The Woodward Avenue Presbyterian Church is a church located at 8501 Woodward Avenue in Detroit, Michigan. Built in 1911 in the Gothic revival style, the...
11 The Woodward Avenue Presbyterian Church is a church located at 8501 Woodward Avenue in Detroit, Michigan. Built in 1911 in the Gothic revival style, the architect was Sidney Badgley. It was used for some time as the Abyssinia Church of God in Christ. The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982
2014-02-09_11-59_02118_WTA_5DM3_HDR The Woodward Avenue Presbyterian Church is a church located at 8501 Woodward Avenue in Detroit, Michigan. Built in 1911 in the Gothic revival style, the...
12 The Woodward Avenue Presbyterian Church is a church located at 8501 Woodward Avenue in Detroit, Michigan. Built in 1911 in the Gothic revival style, the architect was Sidney Badgley. It was used for some time as the Abyssinia Church of God in Christ. The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982
2014-02-09_11-59_02118_WTA_5DM3_HDR-2 The Woodward Avenue Presbyterian Church is a church located at 8501 Woodward Avenue in Detroit, Michigan. Built in 1911 in the Gothic revival style, the...
13 The Woodward Avenue Presbyterian Church is a church located at 8501 Woodward Avenue in Detroit, Michigan. Built in 1911 in the Gothic revival style, the architect was Sidney Badgley. It was used for some time as the Abyssinia Church of God in Christ. The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982
2014-02-09_12-08_02181_WTA_5DM3_HDR The Woodward Avenue Presbyterian Church is a church located at 8501 Woodward Avenue in Detroit, Michigan. Built in 1911 in the Gothic revival style, the...
14 The Woodward Avenue Presbyterian Church is a church located at 8501 Woodward Avenue in Detroit, Michigan. Built in 1911 in the Gothic revival style, the architect was Sidney Badgley. It was used for some time as the Abyssinia Church of God in Christ. The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982
2014-02-09_12-10_02195_WTA_5DM3_HDR The Woodward Avenue Presbyterian Church is a church located at 8501 Woodward Avenue in Detroit, Michigan. Built in 1911 in the Gothic revival style, the...
15 The Woodward Avenue Presbyterian Church is a church located at 8501 Woodward Avenue in Detroit, Michigan. Built in 1911 in the Gothic revival style, the architect was Sidney Badgley. It was used for some time as the Abyssinia Church of God in Christ. The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982
2014-03-09_07-28_07957_WTA_5DM3_HDR Lutheran Parish Hall and Church
16 Lutheran Parish Hall and Church
2014-07-26_41654_WTA_5DM3-2-2 The Players Club of Detroit was founded in 1910 by a group of local Detroit businessmen as an institution to encourage amateur theater. From the beginning, it...
17 The Players Club of Detroit was founded in 1910 by a group of local Detroit businessmen as an institution to encourage amateur theater. From the beginning, it was a strictly male club. For the first 15 years of the club's existence, they were forced to perform in different venues each month, including the Detroit Athletic Club, the University Club and the Twentieth Century Club.
A number of the financial elite of early 20th century Detroit were members of the Players, including Henry Joy, Truman Newberry, James Couzens, and Lawrence Fisher. The club continued as a successful and popular gentleman's club until the 1970s, when membership began to drop. However, the club experienced a renaissance in the 1990s, and as of 2005 there were 174 members
2014-10-08_55303_WTA_5DM3
18
2014-03-05_11-56_07658_WTA_5DM3-Edit
19
2014-03-05_11-32_07083_WTA_5DM3 - 406 Images_0002a The Sweetest Heart of Mary Roman Catholic Church is located at 4440 Russell Street (at East Canfield Street) in Detroit, Michigan, in the Forest Park...
20 The Sweetest Heart of Mary Roman Catholic Church is located at 4440 Russell Street (at East Canfield Street) in Detroit, Michigan, in the Forest Park neighborhood on the city's central East side. The Gothic Revival cathedral styled church is the largest of the Roman Catholic churches in the City of Detroit. It was designated a Michigan State Historic Site in 1974 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978.[1] St. Albertus Roman Catholic Church is 4/10 mile east at the corner of East Canfield Street and Saint Aubin Street. St. Josaphat's Roman Catholic Church is 3/10 mile west at the corner of East Canfield Street and SB Chrysler Service Drive.

New images