4 Panorama - Original is 15296 x 5567. The Schroeder Paint and Glass Co. was founded in 1897 by John Schroeder, a lifelong Detroit businessman. His first location was a retail store on East Congress and Cadillac Street which sold paint, glass, oils, varnishes, brushes, and painters' supplies. By 1905, the Schroeder name was well-known throughout the city and sate, and the company had set up a wholesale warehouse for glass products on Wayne and Woodbridge streets. Among its early projects were the Ford Building, the Hotel Ponchitrain, and many of Detroit's residences. John Schroeder led the company until his death in May of 1914.